Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love to grow organic peas, this kitchen garden soup was created to use them.
- 4 cups green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium potato
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 cup snow peas (edible pods)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth (or equal substitute)
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Scrub potato, leaving skin on.
- Slice to make 1/2" cubes.
- Peel and dice onion.
- Saute potato and onion until onion is lightly browned in medium saucepan.
- Add peas and chicken broth.
- Simmer until peas are just tender.
- Remove from heat, cool.
- Blend in small batches until mostly smooth.
- When ready to serve, add snow peas to soup and reheat until peas are crisp-tender.
- Good served with a dollop of plain yogurt and minced chives.
I added fresh dill, garlic and used vegetable stock. It was very good, especially considering how simple it was
Easy, yummy - thanks!