Fresh Green Pea Soup
photo by CountryLady
- Ready In:
- 3 cups fresh green peas, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pancetta or 1/4 cup side bacon, pan fried or grilled until lightly crisped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup yukon gold potato, peeled and diced (about 2 medium)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- coarse salt
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium and lightly cook chopped green onion and garlic.
- Add potatoes and stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat, partially cover and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add peas and let simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Carefully puree soup in blender or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Reheat until steaming.
- Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Serve and garnish with pancetta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!