Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the quintessential cranberry sauce from the Ocean Spray package to which I add a can of Mandarin oranges---(I use unsweetened, especially if you use sugar---don't want to completely drown out the tart berries!) I also substitute Splenda or other sweetener for sugar.
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 (15 ounce) canunsweetened mandarin oranges
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add can of Mandarin oranges.
- Cover and cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes 2 1/4 cups.
I made this for Thanksgiving this year and it was a hit. I was not able to find unsweetened mandarin oranges but the sweetened kind worked out and added just the right about of sweetness.