This is the quintessential cranberry sauce from the Ocean Spray package to which I add a can of Mandarin oranges---(I use unsweetened, especially if you use sugar---don't want to completely drown out the tart berries!) I also substitute Splenda or other sweetener for sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil.
- 3Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add can of Mandarin oranges.
- 5Cover and cool completely at room temperature.
- 6Refrigerate until serving time.
- 7Makes 2 1/4 cups.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Cranberry Sauce With Mandarin Oranges
Serving Size: 1 (1246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.4
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 104.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g