Cashew Chicken Salad With Mandarin Oranges
Iceberg lettuce holds up well and doesn't wilt or get soggy, even after being tossed with the dressing.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted cashews
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in light syrup, drained
- Combine first 6 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
- Combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am a firehouse cook. Unfortunately I have to satisfy up to 13 people at a time with lunch and dinner. I recently made this for lunch with 12 eaters of all different tastes and this was definitely a hit! I tripled the recipe for the sauce and I used 1 romaine, 1 green leaf and 1 iceberg lettuce. I probably could have made more dressing but guys added Asian sesame dressing to boost the flavor a little if needed. I think if I would have made more dressing, it would not have been necessary. Needless to say it was gone! I made 2 very large bowls. It had great flavor. If you want to watch the sugar, you can cut it down because the hoisen sauce has plenty of sugar in it. The salt can be cut down as well because the vinegar has a salty flavor as well. Definitely a great recipe and I would recommend it to anyone.
Sensational salad! I made exactly as written but omitted the bean sprouts (couldn't find any) but added some radichi for colour. I started by cooking 2 chicken breasts. Also, I toasted the cashews in a dry frying pan for about 3-4 minutes. I also added a wee bit of the syrup from the mandarin oranges to the sauce and poured everything over the salad with the chicken sliced on top. WOW ! My DH and I split this for supper last night....and I had to go back and finish off the rest of what was left in the big salad bowl! I'm even thinking about making it again this week ! Absolutely loved it ! Thanks so much for giving me a great salad that I won't tire of !