Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This is another Southern Living recipe that I haven't made in years. This makes a delicous cake by itself, but of course you could add a glaze if you would like.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, butter, buttermilk and blackberries and beat 1 minute with a mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in the baking soda, pecans and raisins (if using).
- Pour the batter in a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until the cake tests for doneness.