Apple Cranberry Raisin Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out half of the pastry and line a 9" pie plate.
- In a saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the water, cinnamon and salt.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries pop.
- Stir in the apple slices and raisins.
- Combine the corn starch and remaining water and blend into the cranberry mixture.
- Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Spoon the filling into the pastry-lined pie plate.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and place on top of the pie, leaving a 1" overhang.
- Trim the edges.
- Tuck the overhang under the bottom crust and press together to form a rim.
- Flute the rim.
- Cut steam vents in the top of the pie and bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 35 minutes or until the crust is golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>