Mini Carrot Cranberry Muffins
A great Canadian Living recipe that I adapted a bit to lighten it. Moist mini muffins with lots of dried cranberries.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- In large bowl, whisk together both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs; stir in carrots, milk, yogurt and oil. Pour over dry ingredients; sprinkle with cranberries and stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined mini-muffin cups, filling to top.
- Bake in centre of 350F oven until tops are firm to the touch, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes; transfer to rack and let cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are very nice soft cake like muffins. I followed the recipe but used a full 8oz container of vanilla yogurt and added 1/4 cup granulated honey for more sweetness. They still weren't quite sweet enough for me so I'd probably double the sugar next time. I think these would also work with Splenda Brown Sugar Blend. I almost used it to make these diabetic but then I realized the cranberries were sweetened. Anyhow they aren't quite as light if you increase the sugar but they are still lowfat! Great recipe...I loved the cranberries in it! Mine made 24 mini muffins and 4 large muffins.Reply
see 6 more