1/3 Photos of French Style Pate (Easy Microwave Fix)
When we go to the U.S. ea yr & visit *SusieQusie* in Dallas, we always go to *Half Price Books* & I usually find a cookbook treasure on the clearance table. This yr it was a little jewel titled *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & it had some great recipes to help me (us) use our microwave to its full potential. I’m really into that now as it’s fast, gives you an “extra oven” that doesn’t heat up your kitchen & helps relieve the stress of entertaining. This is the 1st recipe from it I will enter & it combines the starter & salad courses or stands alone as a luncheon entrée if served as suggested. (This is fixed the day b4 intended use & time does not include chilling overnight) *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay the bacon rashers flat on a cutting board & stretch w/the back of a knife. Use half of the bacon to line a 1 lb microwave safe loaf pan or terrine.
- 2Combine the chicken livers, grd pork & sausage meat in a bowl. Cover & cook on HIGH for 6 minutes or till the meats are fully cooked, stirring twice during cooking.
- 3Transfer mixture to a blender or food proc. Add the next 5 ingredients (garlic thru salt & pepper) & mix till smooth.
- 4Spoon the mixture into your prepared pan or terrine & cover w/the remaining bacon. Place 3 bay leaves on top, cover w/greaseproof paper & cook on HIGH for 4 minutes. Allow pate to cool. Cover w/foil, weight down & chill overnight.
- 5TO SERVE: Remove bay leaves, turn out onto a serving plate & slice. Serve w/French bread & a green salad.
- 6NOTE: While the recipe doesn’t say to do this & I haven't made this dish, I will drain the cooked meat mixture of the rendered fat as the bacon will add flavor & moistness in the final cooking stage.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Style Pate (Easy Microwave Fix)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.8
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 215.7 mg
- Sodium 622.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: