Asian Salad Dressing Via Susiequsie
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
4 2 tbsp servings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed & finely minced)
- 3 slices fresh ginger (quarter size, very finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or equal amt Splenda Granular)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Heat oil over med heat in a sml pan. Add garlic + ginger & cook 1 minute.
- Stir chicken broth, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar (or Splenda), salt & cornstarch together in a sml bowl.
- Add to the pan & heat till mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat & chill.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve over salad greens, steamed oriental veggies or use as a marinade for meat or seafood in oriental dishes as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an American transplanted from Dallas to Iceland by marriage to a native Icelander & I retired to become his "Kitchen Queen". We love to entertain our family & friends, so I have an eclectic collection of recipes. I especially love simple, easy-fix, flexible & make-ahead recipes - BUT also like challenging myself on occasion. I enjoy baking & food photography. I am devoted to the "More is Always Better Principle" & apply it liberally to bacon, butter & garlic. I can have ingredient issues due to availability here in Iceland & my DH is medically diet-restricted from some ingredients as well. Either situation might require me to modify a recipe, but I will do my best to be true to your recipes & fair/honest in my reviews. Mary Pat (aka twissis)