Recipe by Anita Harris
I got this recipe from a friend several years ago and when I get a yen for French dips this is the one I make. It's very tasty and I like to serve it with dill pickle spears and french fries or chips.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Enjoyed this for our Christmas Eve meal. The dipping sauce, of course, makes it. Really yummy! Otherwise the roast was just a little bit dry; some of us put mayonnaise and horseradish on the sandwiches to make them moister. Easy prep and delicious results. Thanks!
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 French rolls or 8 hoagie rolls, split,buttered and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast into slow cooker.
- Add water, soy sauce and seasonings.
- cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat from broth, shred with forks and keep warm.
- Strain broth (if desired) and skim off fat.
- Serve beef on toasted rolls and pour broth into small cups for dipping.