Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from a friend several years ago and when I get a yen for French dips this is the one I make. It's very tasty and I like to serve it with dill pickle spears and french fries or chips.
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 French rolls or 8 hoagie rolls, split,buttered and toasted
- Place roast into slow cooker.
- Add water, soy sauce and seasonings.
- cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat from broth, shred with forks and keep warm.
- Strain broth (if desired) and skim off fat.
- Serve beef on toasted rolls and pour broth into small cups for dipping.
Enjoyed this for our Christmas Eve meal. The dipping sauce, of course, makes it. Really yummy! Otherwise the roast was just a little bit dry; some of us put mayonnaise and horseradish on the sandwiches to make them moister. Easy prep and delicious results. Thanks!
WOW! I made this for supper last night and we finished it for supper tonight and it's already on the menu for another night in a few weeks. It was really great and I can't wait to make it again!!
Made this yesterday...it's gone today! lol Absolutely delicious and so easy. Can't wait to make it again on a day I have to work so I can start it before I leave in the morning and come home to a ready-cooked meal. After shredding the meat, I put it on sub buns and topped it with mozzarella cheese and popped it in the oven for a few minutes to toast the bread and melt the cheese. Yum!