photo by Cook In Northwest
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- In an 11 x 17 cookie sheet or jelly roll pan (needs to have sides), sprinkle 1/2 cup of the chopped nuts.
- Place all remaining ingredients except nuts and chocolate chips in a heavy skillet. Turn heat to high and cook stirring constantly until the mixture is the color of honey (about 7 - 10 minutes).
- Poor mixture into the cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Let stand for approximately one minute and then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Let stand until chocolate chips have softened (about 5 - 10 minutes), then spread the chocolate over the mixture and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped nuts.
- Let it cool until the chocolate isn't sticky (about 2 hours), then break into pieces. It keeps for weeks if stored in a cool, dry place, but trust me it won't last that long!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very, very good! I used 1 cup pecans for the bottom and another cup for the top. Mixture took exactly 10mins to turn the color of honey. As soon as you finish stirring - put your spoon and pot in hot water becuz once it dries - it hardens and takes some elbow grease to clean. Will make this again and again - thanks!!
Since we are at a high altitude (6,000 ft.) I was concerned that this recipe may not work out. However, it did, and it was perfect. I stopped cooking when the mixture got thick and came up from the pan as I stirred (rather than going by color, since honey comes in many colors.) This was so easy and quick to make, it will be my go-to for things to take to a party when you have zero time to cook or few ingredients on hand. I used salted butter, because the recipe did not call for salt. I think if you used unsalted butter, perhaps a pinch of salt would be in order, as that bit of salt really made it tasty. Kudos to Sherri L. for posting.