Pecan English Toffee
photo by Smoky Okie
- Ready In:
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups salted butter
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 4 large chocolate candy bars
- butter a 9x13 baking dish and scatter pecan halves evenly across the bottom.
- in heavy sauce pan, melt butter, add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Boil approximately 12 minutes or until candy reaches 290°.
- Add chopped pecans and stir to mix, then pour over halves in backing dish.
- Place candy bars on top, allow to melt and then smooth over. ( i like to use high quality chocolate, but Hersheys will do).
- Chill thoroughly , turn pan over, dump on counter and break up by whacking with heavy spoon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!