1/1 Photo of French Canadian Lemon Pie
Barefoot Beachcomber's Note:
Yummy!! And very classy looking. From Chatelaine magazine. I am a fan of easy yet delectable desserts and this qualifies on both counts. I've stated 3 lemons because it will depend on size and juicyness.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place frozen pie shell on a baking sheet, let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Then, using a fork, prick bottom and side of shell in several places.
- 4Bake on bottom rack of oven until crust is pale golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 5Remove shell from oven.
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- 7Meanwhile, finely grate 2 teaspoons peel from lemons onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
- 8Wrap and set aside to use for cream later.
- 9Squeeze 1/2 cup juice from lemons.
- 10In large bowl, whisk eggs.
- 11Gradually whisk in 3/4 Cup sugar until dissolved.
- 12Whisk in lemon juice, then 1/2 Cup cream until evenly mixed.
- 13Pour into warm pie shell.
- 14Bake in preheated 375 oven until centre is set when jiggled, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 15Before serving, pour remaining 1/2 Cup cream into a bowl.
- 16Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and the reserved lemon peel.
- 17Beat until soft peaks will form when beaters are lifted.
- 18Serve pie warm, room temperature or cold.
- 19Slice into wedges and serve with a dollop of the lemon scented cream and garnish with some strawberries.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Canadian Lemon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.7
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 146.5 mg
- Sodium 169.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g