Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love chili, and every chili recipe is a little different. I also love different beans and a lot of veggies in my chili. I love this chili over rice, on nachos, hot dogs or just by itself. This chili taste even better the next day!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced canned chili peppers
- 4 small jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 large diced bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Brown the ground beef or ground turkey over medium heat; drain off fat, and rinse in warm water.
- In a large pot, combine the meat and all remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes for 2 1/2 hours.
- *Notes-Top chili with cheese, onions and sour cream.
- For less heat omit jalapeño peppers.
- All ingredients can be put in a crock pot and cooked throughout the day.
Great chili. I love cumin so I added extra. I also added a frozen bag of diced bell peppers instead of fresh peppers. I didn't have canned chili peppers and dried pepper flakes. Great the next day in a flour tortilla. Tip: measure out dry ingredients amd store in sandwich bags. One bag will be for each pot of chili you make. saves a bit of time. Will definately pass this recipe along.
If I could give this more than 5 stars, I would. I must confess to never experimenting with chili (I have just always used my mother's recipe). I saw this, and it looked too intriguing to pass up. Recipe was made as directed, allowing the chili to simmer in the slow cooker for 8 hours on Low. The seasonings for this recipe are so simple, I did have concerns about the flavor as I was putting everything together. I cannot believe how utterly delicious this was. Topped it off with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese and oyster crackers. My son declared this the best thing I've ever made. My husband said it may well be the best chili he's ever had. I can't thank you enough for this recipe, which is now my default chili recipe. :)