Recipe by Leahjoy
I love chili, and every chili recipe is a little different. I also love different beans and a lot of veggies in my chili. I love this chili over rice, on nachos, hot dogs or just by itself. This chili taste even better the next day!
Top Review by Lwishbone
Great chili. I love cumin so I added extra. I also added a frozen bag of diced bell peppers instead of fresh peppers. I didn't have canned chili peppers and dried pepper flakes. Great the next day in a flour tortilla. Tip: measure out dry ingredients amd store in sandwich bags. One bag will be for each pot of chili you make. saves a bit of time. Will definately pass this recipe along.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef or 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced canned chili peppers
- 4 small jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 large diced bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the ground beef or ground turkey over medium heat; drain off fat, and rinse in warm water.
- In a large pot, combine the meat and all remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes for 2 1/2 hours.
- *Notes-Top chili with cheese, onions and sour cream.
- For less heat omit jalapeño peppers.
- All ingredients can be put in a crock pot and cooked throughout the day.