Four Alarm Chili
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
8 6ounce servings
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 1 large green bell pepper (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (or your favorite brand)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of bushs best chili magic chili starter (I like the Texas Medium or the Louisiana Hot)
- 20 ounces warm water
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon masa harina flour (corn flour)
- olive oil
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 3-quart pot with olive oil and lightly sauté the onions, peppers and garlic. Do not brown.
- Add the ground sirloin and brown. Do not drain off fat; this adds to flavor of the chili.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and the hot sauce in the warm water and stir until well dissolved.
- Pour this seasoned water mixture into the meat, peppers, garlic and onions.
- Add the beans and the tomatoes and green chilies.
- Mix to blend all items. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with bread or crackers.
- *** If you want your chilli a bit more spiceier try adding a couple diced up habanerro peppers seeds and all.
Join The Conversation