photo by Suzie
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans (with liquid)
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans (with liquid)
- 1 cup diced onion (1 medium onion)
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis (2 chilies)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery (1 stalk)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
- break the meat into tiny pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had been trying many chili recipes trying to find just the right one....after making this one my hubbie won't let me try any other kind. So for our taste it's great...I've so far made it three times once with ground beef, another with ground turkey and another with ground pork. Each gives it a slightly different taste but they are all great. I hardly ever have fresh tomatoes just b/c of where we live so I sub an extra can or two of tomatoes, once when it was two liquidy I added an extra can of tomato sauce. Well thanks a lot for the great recipe!!!!
Very, very tasty. I did tweak it. Halved the recipe. No celery. Diced 1 poblano chili, 1 orange bell pepper (because that's what I had on hand), 2 cloves of garlic, and a jalapeno. I sautéed the veggies first then added the beef. Added the spices to that mixture so they could meld together with the rest. Then added the 2 cans beans (rinsed and drained) and used 1 can of petite diced tomatoes. I don't care for a lot of tomatoes in my chili. Because I drained the beans I added some broth. I took the picture before I piled a big handful of cheese on top.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and try New recipes of all kinds. I have 4 children from ages 18 to 2 and of course my hubby..Im a stay at home mom and spend most of my time in the kitchen and on the road..I love to try new recipes, my husband also loves it when i try new recipes, he's a good student :)