Um ahmad al gimzawie's Note:
Traditional Arabic breakfast dish usually served with warm pita, zaatar (dried oregano with sesame seeds), lebene, green olives, and other sides. You can also add jalapeno in this dish (my dad likes his foul spicy)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain water from beans, rinse beans, then place on stove top and bring to boil.
- 2Mean while place garlic, and jalapeno in bowl, and mash the two of them.
- 3Drain boiled beans, and add on top of garlic and mash until you get a thick paste.
- 4Add lemon juice and tahini, mix together.
- 5Gradually add water until mix becomes to a good consistency.
- 6Salt to taste, and stir in optional parsley, or leave to decorate the top of the foul.
- 7Place foul in plate and add olive oil on top. Serve with warm pita. Enjoy.
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Foul
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.4
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.8 g