FABULOUS FOUL MUDAMMAS
photo by Talal B.
- Ready In:
- 19 ounces fava beans (Progresso brand)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Blanch onions for 1 minute, add garlic for 1 minute, add cumin and blanch for one more minute.
- Add the can of fava beans WITH the juice, simmer till 75% of juice has evaporated, approximately 10 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree till smooth, and simmer till slightly thicker than hummus.
- Top with hummus, tomatoes, scallions, garlic, parsley, jalapeño, EVOO, and lemon juice!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I do a lot of traveling and after eating a variety of food I like to go home to try and replicate the flavors that I've had.</p>