1/1 Photo of Forevermama's Roasted Sugar Snap Peas With Thyme
These sugar snap peas are one of our favorite side dishes. They go very well with different meats such as beef, poultry and even fish. They are also very delicious on their own, which I often eat for a light lunch. The best results are achieved when using fresh. I've used frozen and it is very good, but not to the same level as the fresh.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Remove and discard the stem end and the string from each pod. (If this is not removed, you will find yourself having to spit it out when chewing, so you want to make sure to remove it).
- 3Rinse pods under cold running water. Pat dry.
- 4Spread sugar snap peas in a single layer on a cookie sheet (that have ridges). Sprinkle with the olive oil, finely diced onion, and thyme.
- 5Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with sugar if necessary. (The sugar addition is only needed if the sugar snaps are not in season and lack natural sweetness. Adding the sugar is all a matter of taste).
- 6Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender crisp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Forevermama's Roasted Sugar Snap Peas With Thyme
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g