Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For the peanut butter lovers!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- For crust, melt chips and margarine together; then gently stir in cereal. Press in bottom and sides of greased 9" pie tin. Chill 30 minutes.
- For filling, mix cream cheese, peanut butter, lemon juice, vanilla, and cool whip. Pour mixture into chilled shell.
- To serve leave as is or top with chocolate curls shaved from chocolate bar.
While I loved the idea of this dish, I did run into a few obstacles. The base was very difficult to press into the pie dish (sticking to fingers etc) but set very quickly. I would have preferred a biscuit base, as the cereal base was crumbly and very hard to cut evenly, I couldn't get a hold of Cool Whip (being in Australia) and without this, the filling needed something to sweeten it. I added sweetened condensed milk, then gelatine to account for the increased liquidity which basically turned it into a cheesecake. All in all, a reasonable pie.