Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My recipe featured in Southern Living. My friend's husband invented this version.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 20 romaine lettuce leaves, torn (about 2 heads)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- salt and pepper, taste
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- Crush garlic in large salad bowl (or use garlic press).
- Add egg and next 4 ingredients; beat well using a wire whisk.
- Add lettuce; toss to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss again.
- Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.