Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These chops are so moist and absolutely delicious. I was really surprised when I made them. They take alittle bit of extra work ..... but well worth it.
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup minced parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- Sprinkle both side of pork chops evenly with salt and pepper.
- Cook chops in 1 tbsp hot oil in oven proof skillet for 2 to 3 minutes each side; remove skillet from heat; brush tops of chops evenly with Dijon mustard.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and remaining 2 tbsp olive oil in med bowl; press crumb mixture evenly over tops and sides of chops; return to skillet.
- Bake at 400 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until done; remove skillet from oven; remove pork chops from pan and keep warm.
- Saute onions and mushrooms in skillet over high heat 7 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to med-low,add flour and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute.
- whisk together wine and tomato paste; add to skillet, whisking constanly.
- whisk in broth& cook, whisking constantly, 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chops.
These pork chops were very good. My husband and I really enjoyed them, but I had to scrape the topping off of the ones I served to two of my children. I am keeping the recipe in my cookbook, and will probably make them again in the future.