Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My grandmothers recipe. Love the creamy vanilla pudding like filling.
- 7 double graham wafers, rolled fine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks (save whites for topping)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- Mix all crust ingredients together.
- Press into pie plate, reserving 1/4 of crumbs to sprinkle on top.
- Combine filling ingredients in a pot.
- Cook on medium heat until thick.
- Spread on crust while hot.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat in icing sugar.
- Spread on top of filling.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 250 for 20 minutes.
I have never made flapper pie before but my mom made it often and we all loved it! When I saw this recipe I had to givit a try for old times sake and it did not disappoint! I used only 1/2 c. sugar in the graham crust and instead of icing sugar in the topping used 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Otherwise I followed the recipe to a T and it tasted just as good as mom's!! It was easy to make and uses ingrdients normally found in my kitchen. I will be making this again! Thanks for a great recipe!
I have made Flapper pie often but never followed a recipe. I decided to try this one for the exact measurements. I did make a batch and a half only because I wanted more filling. I used half 1% milk and half... half and half. (thats what I had on hand) It was very creamy and gone before too long. Great recipe, thanks
This was Mom's recipe as well. This was one of my favorite pies, which once I could doing desserts for our family, this recipe was one I tried. Makes me hungry!