Recipe by Chris from Kansas
The low-fat horseradish sauce is a great compliment to this tender seasoned steak. We love this! Cook time includes 8 hours for marinading.
Top Review by breezermom
Love the horseradish sauce! Delicious! I think I let my steak marinade a bit too long, at 10 hours. The mustard taste was a bit strong, but I think that was my fault for letting it marinate too long. I will try it again with either a bit less mustard or the correct timing! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb beef flank steak
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts at 1-in.
- intervals, making diamond shapes.
- Repeat on other side.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the next five ingredients.
- Add steak.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140 degrees, medium 160, well-done 170).
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce.