Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs 15 mins
The low-fat horseradish sauce is a great compliment to this tender seasoned steak. We love this! Cook time includes 8 hours for marinading.
- 1 lb beef flank steak
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the steak with shallow diagonal cuts at 1-in.
- intervals, making diamond shapes.
- Repeat on other side.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the next five ingredients.
- Add steak.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140 degrees, medium 160, well-done 170).
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve with sauce.
Love the horseradish sauce! Delicious! I think I let my steak marinade a bit too long, at 10 hours. The mustard taste was a bit strong, but I think that was my fault for letting it marinate too long. I will try it again with either a bit less mustard or the correct timing! Thanks for sharing!
I am reviewing the sauce only, as I prepared it to accompany beef fondue. Fabulous and fresh! Today I will be serving the leftover sauce over roasted green beans. Thank you so much for posting.
Delicious! A winner with my entire family. I ran short of time so I ended up serving with creamy store-bought horseradish sauce instead of the prepared sauce in the recipe. The substitution worked out fine. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe! This will be one of our regular family barbecue recipes.