Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Our simple Asian-inspired kabobs are delicious served with a homemade mint-yogurt dip. If you don't have Chinese five-spice powder on hand, chili powder works just as well. Budget dinner price: $2.43 per serving.
- Thinly slice steak across grain. If necessary, flatten slices with palm of hand or meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. In a medium bowl combine beef, soy sauce, and five-spice powder; toss to coat beef. Thread beef on skewers (soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before threading).
- For charcoal or gas grill, grill kabobs on rach of covered grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine yogurt and snipped mint. From one lime, finely shred 1 teaspoon peel. Juice the lime. Stir peel and 1 tablespoon juice in to yogurt. Cut remaining lime in wedges, if desired. Serve kabobs with yogurt sauce, mint, and lime.
- Serve skewers with yogurt sauce and lime wedges. Top with additional fresh mint.
- SERVING SUGGESTION:.
- Serve with fresh carrot ribbons. Use a vegetable peeler to make thin ribbons. Toss with a squeeze of lime juice and lightly sprinkle with five-spice powder.
- *If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before grilling.
- CHANGE UP:.
- Another time substitution bottled barbecue sauce and chili powder for the soy sauce and Chinese five-spice powder. Substitute sour cream and cilantro for the yogurt and mint.