Teriyaki Beef Kabobs
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup enova oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh whole mushroom
- 1 medium red pepper, cubed
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cubed
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- In a resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container, combine the first five ingredients and mix well.
- Reserve 1/2 cup for basting and refrigerate. (If you didn't double the sauce reserve 1/4 cup).
- Add beef to remaining marinade.
- Turn to coat.
- Seal bag or cover container.
- Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard the marinade.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate beef, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Baste with reserved marinade.
- Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Serve meat and vegetables over rice if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious!!!! Made this last night for dinner and served it along with recipe #94211 and recipe #94291 and it was perfect for such a hot day, no oven or stovetop needed. I used a sirlion steak for the meat and red pepper and onions, this was so tasty. Not one bite was left. Thanks Nimz for a great recipe.
I made these for dinner last night and we loved them! I marinated all day in the fridge and the meat was very tender and flavorful. The only thing I did differently is to skewer the veggies separately from the meat ~ I like the meat cooked a little longer than the veggies. This is a great recipe that I am sure I will be using again and again over the summer. Thanks for posting!
see 2 more reviews
I actually made this using pork instead of beef, I mariaded the pork overnight and made this on my indoor grill...SIMPLY FANTASTIC!! I omitted the cherry tomatoes only because I did not have any, all my cherry tomatoes were used up from my summers crop! I also increased the garlic to 2 heaping tablespoons, we loved this for dinner tonight, thanks for a great recipe hon!...Kitz:)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.