Fish Tacos With Salsa and Pineapple Crema
- Make the salsa in advance:.
- Combine everything in a large bowl. Mix well. Transfer to glass canning jars or another glass container with a lid. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- make the pineapple crema in advance:.
- Place the syrup and sour cream in a bowl, whisk until smooth. Transfer to a squeeze bottle and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all of the breading ingredients in a large, shallow bowl. Lightly coat the fish fillets and fry them in hot canola oil*** for a couple minutes (just until cooked through and golden.) Transfer to a plate and cover with foil while you get your other ingredients ready to go.
- ***You can try frying the fish in equal amounts of butter and olive oil for a completely wonderful experience…but watch that fish very closely so it doesn’t burn. Clarify the butter in advance to keep it from smoking.
- To serve: Warm the tortillas in the microwave, between paper towels, for 20 seconds (only do a few tortillas at a time.).
- Place the tortillas on a plate, pile on the lettuce, fried fish, avocado, salsa, crema, a sprinkle of coarse salt and a squeeze of lemon and/or lime. (In that order.) Serve immediately.