Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I tweaked a bunch of different fish taco recipe ideas to my liking and they turned out to be so yummy I'm gonna post the recipe before I forget it:)
- 2 cups canola oil
- 2 halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 5 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tempura mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 4 -6 corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lime rind
- 3 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dill Aioli (you can make ahead):Mix mayo, grated lime rind, 2 tsp lime juice, dill and garlic together.
- Heat oil in saucepan on medium (or just slightly under) heat.
- Cut filets into strips and place in bowl, sprinkle cumin and 3 tsp of the lime juice over fish.
- In separate bowl, mix tempura batter mix with water, then dredge fish in the batter.
- Place Panko in a third bowl, then dip fish in to coat.
- Now deep fry fish in the preheated oil a few pieces at a time to give them enough room, for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place on paper towel to drain.
- Place fish in tortilla and top with your favorite salsa, strips of cucumber, red onion, avocado and dill aioli sauce.