My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (Use Sweet Cream Butter In this recipe.)
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs, Dry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup unbleached flour, Sifted
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, Grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, Grated
- 1/2 cup butter, Melted (Use Sweet Cream Butter In this recipe.)
- 1Butter the baking dish, pie pan, or springform pan until generously coated.
- 2Sprinkle the crumbs as needed into the pan, then turn the pan around and shake gently, distributing the crumbs along the sides as well.
- 3The crumbs should completely coat the inside of the pan.
- 4Chill briefly to set the crumbs and then fill with the desired filling.
- 5CAKE: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 6Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- 7Press the cottage cheese through a sieve.
- 8In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and the sugar until they are frothy.
- 9Add the spices and fruit rinds.
- 10Add the cottage cheese and blend all the ingredients well.
- 11Stir in the butter, then add the dry mixture, mixing well.
- 12Pour the mixture into the prepared crust and bake for 1 hour.
- 13NOTE: Again this is more like a quick bread, and you can increase the sugar if you like as this is not particularly sweet.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finnish Curd Cake
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 366.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g