Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
weight watchers 5 points for a large serving sweet and spicy mix made w/turkey to keep the fat down
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 (7 ounce) package sweet corn cake mix
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- heat oven to 375 degrees. in large skillet cook turkey,onion, and bell pepper until turkey is cooked. stir in beans,salsa, and jalapenos.
- prepare corn mix and pour into greased 9" pie plate.
- spoon meat mixture onto corn mix and bake 30 to 40 min or until set.
- remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 5 min or until cheese is melted. let cool 5 min before serving.
This was so good! It is recipes like this that make Weight Watchers a pleasure to be on. Nothing diet about the flavor. Very filling and extremely delicious. This will be a regular on our table....even when Weight Watchers is over.
This was delicious! I took one of the reviewer's advice and also added some cumin and chili powder. It was a big hit at dinner tonight and I will be making it again.
We really enjoyed this!! I added green chilies as someone else suggested because I love them in almost anything. It turned out great and was very filling. Thanks so much for posting!!