- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces mushrooms, roughly chopped (mixture of oyster and shiitake)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 lb cooked fettuccine pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic (with salt and pepper to taste) until lightly golden.
- Add mushrooms, turn up heat, and cook, stirring and tossing frequently, until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in cream and add thyme; boil for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Stir in lemon juice and soy sauce and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over hot linguine and toss well.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.