Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Had leftover Roquefort from a salad and just had to find a wonderful use for it! Also, pasta was buy one, get one free at my local grocery. Thus, a star is born!
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (I'm a pine nut fan, so I usually add a bit more!)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, torn
- 7 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cook pine nuts in hot oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- Combine whipping cream and cheeses in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Set the sauce aside, keeping it warm.
- While heating the cheeses, cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside and keep warm.
- Tear the spinach and slice the prosciutto into strips. Combine the spinach, prosciutto, parsley and salt in a large bowl; add the pasta, and toss gently. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta mixture, and toss until coated.
- Spoon into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts.
Made as per recipe and thoroughly enjoyed : I love everything in the recipe so really couldnt go wrong!!! Blue cheese, bacon and pinenuts - YUM! I did like the concept of baking it, gave all the flavours time to mingle, and I was also glad there were no mushrooms, since there often are in this kind of dish and I dont really like them. In short, very good, thank you breezermom, made for Consideration Tag game, FFF (I had forgotten to add the pinenuts when I took my photo, but I assure you I used them and they work very well in this recipe!!!)