If you haven't tried Fava beans you are in for a nice surprise.
Make and share this Fava Beans with Tomato Garlic Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1077.28 g) can fava beans (use fresh if you have them, take off the pods and boil them until tender, cool and then slip off the)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce
- 177.44 ml hot water
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 9.85 ml Hungarian paprika
- Heat oil in a large saucepan& over medium heat saute the onions& garlic until golden.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes (add a bit more water if it reduces too much- the sauce should have some liquid to it).
- Gently stir in the fava beans and let stand for a few minutes so the beans absorb some of the flavor from the sauce.