Recipe by Bergy
If you haven't tried Fava beans you are in for a nice surprise.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was really, really yummy thanks Bergy. I used fresh broad (fava) beans and maybe a bit more tomato sauce than you suggested and less water but I had sauce in the fridge needing to be used. The recipe was simple but the end result was delicious. I'm sad so few people like broad beans, but that means more for me I guess ;-)
- 2 (1077.28 g) can fava beans (use fresh if you have them, take off the pods and boil them until tender, cool and then slip off the)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 5 clove garlic, minced
- 29.58 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml tomato sauce
- 177.44 ml hot water
- 44.37 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 9.85 ml Hungarian paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan& over medium heat saute the onions& garlic until golden.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes (add a bit more water if it reduces too much- the sauce should have some liquid to it).
- Gently stir in the fava beans and let stand for a few minutes so the beans absorb some of the flavor from the sauce.