Recipe by Izzy Knight
Haven't tried this, but looks easy and delicious! From the Toronto Star.
Top Review by lucid501
We loved this! I used Recipe #51537 for the crust. This recipe is perfect for those times when we want pecan pie (practically always, lol) but don't have enough pecans. We did have about 1/4 cup chopped pecans left from something else and I sprinkled those on top. It set beautifully and was even better the next day. Thanks for posting! We will definitely make this again :D
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml melted butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, with fork, beat eggs lightly.
- Beat in corn syrup, sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and salt until blended.
- Stir in oats.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until puffed.
- The centre should be slightly jiggly.