Recipe by Izzy Knight
Haven't tried this, but looks easy and delicious! From the Toronto Star.
Top Review by lucid501
We loved this! I used Recipe #51537 for the crust. This recipe is perfect for those times when we want pecan pie (practically always, lol) but don't have enough pecans. We did have about 1/4 cup chopped pecans left from something else and I sprinkled those on top. It set beautifully and was even better the next day. Thanks for posting! We will definitely make this again :D
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats (not instant)
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, with fork, beat eggs lightly.
- Beat in corn syrup, sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and salt until blended.
- Stir in oats.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until puffed.
- The centre should be slightly jiggly.