Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was cobbled together from other recipes and some trial-and-error.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2⁄3 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- feta cheese
- red onion (optional topping)
- black olives (optional topping)
- pita bread, if desired
- In bowl, mix together 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, and mustard to make dressing. Set aside.
- Cut each chicken breast into approximately 5 to 7 strips.
- Place strips in large fry pan, cover with 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon oregano; stir.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until done, lightly browning pieces to one's taste as liquid evaporates and chopping them into smaller, easier-to-eat pieces, if desired, during or after browning.
- Assemble salad of lettuce, tomato and chicken pieces (inside warm pita bread for sandwich).
- Crumble feta cheese over the top. Add dressing and other toppings as desired.
Delicious! checked out so many other chicken souvlaki recipes and this not only had great way to prep the chicken but has awesome dressing (outstanding) and great way to make presentation with pita and feta cheese and olives....just what I was looking for THANK YOU