Fancy enough to serve for a special occasion and easy enough to serve any night of the week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lenthwise
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1Saute mushrooms in butter in a large skillet until tender.
- 2Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Transfer mushrooms to bowl so that you can use same skillet to saute chicken.
- 4Flatten chicken to 1/8 inch thickness.
- 5Dredge chicken lightly in flour.
- 6Saute chicken (saute a few at a time) in skillet using 2-3 tablespoons butter.
- 7Saute 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 8Repeat with remaining chicken and butter.
- 9Place chicken in 13x9 inch pan, overlapping edges if need be.
- 10Sprinkle mushrooms over chicken.
- 11Reserve pan drippings in skillet.
- 12Add wine and chicken broth.
- 13Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 14Sauce will reduce by half.
- 15Stir in salt and pepper.
- 16Pour sauce evenly over chicken.
- 17Combine cheese and green onions; sprinkle over chicken, Bake uncovered at 375 for 20 minutes.
- 18Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 19Serves 4-6.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fancy Chicken Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.1
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 157.4 mg
- Sodium 812.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 41.2 g