Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fancy enough to serve for a special occasion and easy enough to serve any night of the week.
Make and share this Fancy Chicken Marsala recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lenthwise
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- Saute mushrooms in butter in a large skillet until tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer mushrooms to bowl so that you can use same skillet to saute chicken.
- Flatten chicken to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Dredge chicken lightly in flour.
- Saute chicken (saute a few at a time) in skillet using 2-3 tablespoons butter.
- Saute 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and butter.
- Place chicken in 13x9 inch pan, overlapping edges if need be.
- Sprinkle mushrooms over chicken.
- Reserve pan drippings in skillet.
- Add wine and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sauce will reduce by half.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce evenly over chicken.
- Combine cheese and green onions; sprinkle over chicken, Bake uncovered at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serves 4-6.
This recipe has become a staple in our home. So easy to make and really yummy. I use olive oil instead of butter and low-fat cheese to make it a smidge healthier and it still turns out great. Thanks so much!
I love, love, love chicken marsala! This recipe was perfect and exactly what I was looking for...I wouldn't change a thing either. The whole family loved it to pieces. Thank you for sharing!!!!
I always laugh when I read ratings that say I changed this or I changed that. But I always use Wondra Flour and I had no fresh mushrooms so I used canned. Also I didnt have mozzarella so I just used parmesan and this was wonderful. The sauce was just the right mixture and I really liked this.