Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This roast is low in fat and turns out moist and delicious.
- 3 lbs eye of round roast (trimmed of all fat)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pepper roast and brown on all sides in 1 t olive oil.
- Remove roast and place in aluminum foil in roasting dish.
- Add onion soup mix and 1 cup white wine to skillet with roast dripping and bring to boil. Scrape up any brown bits from bottom of skillet.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Seal roast completely in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 2.5-3 hours.
- Remove, open packet and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve with gravy.
I followed your recipe but instead of leaving it in the oven for 2 hours, I left it in for 90 minutes. It was medium well, very juicy and tender!! Wonderful recipe!!! Bravo
Delicious! I had a large roast (probably about 5 pounds after I trimmed the fat) and it was well done after 3 hours. Even though I usually like it medium, I loved this roast and so did all of my guests! It was a huge hit and will be my new go-to recipe for eye of round. I sliced it thin and poured the juice over the slices and it was terrific!
Delicious and easy recipe. I had a 2.5 lb roast and cooked it for 2.5 hours - it turned out perfect. The only adjustment to the recipe was I added more olive oil after I had browned the roast in the one tsp. of olive oil. It didn't hurt the outcome at all. Thanks so much!