Grilled, Eye Round Roast
photo by Capn Ron
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 5 lbs beef eye round, 4 - 6 pounds
- vegetable oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- cajun seasoning, Butt Kickin' Blacken, Original Recipe, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Open the meat, rinse and pat dry. Place it on a platter, and coat the whole thing with oil, then rub the spices inches Be sure to use a lot more of all of the spices, because the roast will be on the grill fore a long time, and they won't taste as strong as you think.
- 2. Start your grill, and get it to a medium - medium / low heat, Or, build a fire on one side, and place the meat on the other. You'll be roasting this Eye Round, and it will be there a long time, so you don't want to burn it.
- I use a small charcoal grill, and can't cook using an indirect heat method, so I sprinkle a little water on the coals to cool them down before I place the meat on the grill.
- 3. Cook for about 1 hour and 20 minutes, rolling it around every 20 minutes or so. Test the temperature with an instant read meat thermometer for 110 degrees, for medium rare. If you've got a grill like mine, you might want to test it in a couple of different places. Cooking time will change based upon how hot your grill is, and the thickness of the meat. Just because a meat is larger by pounds, doesn't always mean that it will cook much longer. Generally, even though it weighs more, it's still just as thick as one that's a little less weight, and will cook in the same amount of time.
- 4. When the meat is done, place it on a platter, and cover with aluminum foil, this let's the juices redistribute, and finishes cooking the inside.
5. To Serve:
- Slice this as thin as you can, it's not the most tender piece of meat, so you want to keep it from being too tough.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY