- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cansready-to-use beef broth
- 2 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big soup pot, add butter; let melt over medium heat.
- Add in mushrooms, onion powder, and pepper; saute 5-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add in the flour; stir for 1 minute or until absorbed.
- Add the broth; bring to boiling.
- Lower heat; add half-and-half; simmer 25-30-40 minutes or until slightly thickened;stir frequently.
- Cover and let sit 10 minutes to thicken before serving.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if needed.