Extra-Chocolaty Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly butter muffin tins and set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, salt, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full with the chocolate batter. Top each one with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.