Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a recipe at allrecipes.com. Store in refrigerator after baking.
Make and share this Extra-Chocolaty Black Bottom Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup brewed strong coffee
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly butter muffin tins and set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar, salt, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Batter will be thin.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full with the chocolate batter. Top each one with a spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.