Black Bottom Cupcakes
photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
18 large cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- slivered almonds, if desired
- Sift dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Form well in center of dry ingredients and add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In separate bowl, cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
- Drop 1/2 tsp of cream cheese mixture on top.
- If desired, sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
I tried this recipe and would not make this one again. There are so many other better chocolate cake cupcake recipes than this one. I followed the recipe for the chocolate cupcakes and tasted it before I filled my muffin tins - it was off and did not taste very good. I added more cocoa powder, water and butter. That helped the taste. I put the cream cheese and powdered sugar on the top as the recipe called. The cupcakes went well after baking. This was easy to make but would most definitely would not make it again.
see 10 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
(As many of you know Silent Cricket passed away on Feb. 29. Since she loved Recipezaar so much and so many on Recipezaar have shown their love for her, and have enjoyed her recipes, her personal information will remain here indefinitely just as she wrote it. Her lines at the end of this section sound somewhat prophetic as the last chapter of her earthly existence has been written.) Well, the time has come for me to change my users' name. After being, "OzCoMartha" because of having lived for three years in Australia and then moving to Colorado, I have decided to "turn over a new leaf." I chose this name because many moons ago I used to be able to "chirp" like a cricket and the "silent" refers to the present time when I'm taking a break...But, perhaps after a season, however long I decide that needs to be, I may be back and then I will fill in more details about myself...