Recipe by OneEye
This recipe makes about 3 generous servings though the book claims 6 servings. My toddler loves it
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, if using; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add flour. Cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in milk and heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Continue stirring and cook for an additional 1 minute or until thickened.
- Process half of corn in food processor or blender until coarsely chopped. Combine milk mixture, processed and whole corn, salt, dried thyme, pepper and nutmeg in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3½ to 4 hours or until mixture is bubbly around the edge.
- Add ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese before serving; stir until cheeses are melted.