Recipe by Sherri L.
This was given to me by a friend several years ago. It is very simple to make and became an instant hit. I am now expected to make it every Christmas. You can use whatever nuts you prefer. I usually use pecans or walnuts
Top Review by ewlyn
Yum! This was insanely easy to make and insanely good. I did half white/half brown sugar. It took about 8 minutes to hit the right temperature on high heat. I mention this since the brown sugar already made it the color of honey. :)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 11 x 17 cookie sheet or jelly roll pan (needs to have sides), sprinkle 1/2 cup of the chopped nuts.
- Place all remaining ingredients except nuts and chocolate chips in a heavy skillet. Turn heat to high and cook stirring constantly until the mixture is the color of honey (about 7 - 10 minutes).
- Poor mixture into the cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Let stand for approximately one minute and then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Let stand until chocolate chips have softened (about 5 - 10 minutes), then spread the chocolate over the mixture and sprinkle with the rest of the chopped nuts.
- Let it cool until the chocolate isn't sticky (about 2 hours), then break into pieces. It keeps for weeks if stored in a cool, dry place, but trust me it won't last that long!