1/1 Photo of Emeril Lagasse's Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Amber Dawn's Note:
I saw this on Emeril Live and it looked so good I decided I had to try it. Since I live alone, I'll have to wait for my next big BBQ to try it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless pork butt, about 4 pounds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (recipe on Recipezaar if you don't have it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 8 hamburger buns
- Coleslaw (Recipe on Recipezaar)
Wet Mop Basting Sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1Wet Mop Basting Sauce: The night before you cook the pork, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk well.
- 2Refrigerate and let the flavors blend overnight.
- 3Barbecued Pulled Pork: Place the pork in a baking dish.
- 4In a bowl, combine the spices.
- 5Rub the seasoning evenly over the pork to coat.
- 6Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 7Preheat oven or smoker to 225 degrees F.
- 8Bring the pork to room temperature and place in a roasting pan, fat side up.
- 9Slow cook in the oven, basting with the Wet Mop Basting Sauce every 45 minutes, until tender and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- 10(The cooking should take about 6- 7 hours.) Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 11With a knife and fork, pull the meat apart into small slices of chunks.
- 12Toss with the barbecue sauce, to taste, and divide among the buns.
- 13Top with Emeril's cole slaw.
- 14Barbecue Sauce: In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and whisk well to dissolve the sugar.
- 15Place in a squeeze bottle and dress the pulled pork to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril Lagasse's Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1627.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork butt
Emeril's Original Essence
crushed red pepper flakes