Recipe by curly top
This creamy, peach n cheesecake pie is inspired by a creamy peach pie from Elmira, Ontario in a book of traditional Canadian recipes. I now live in a different Elmira and have adopted the name for my pie.
Top Review by Michelle Berteig
Very good! Family loved it. At first, the amount of spice seemed a bit strong to me, but afterward it seemed to be the right amount. I would definitely make this again, I think it would be good with different kinds of fruit in the bottom, changing the spices to suit. This was the first time I made a lattice-top pie and it turned out great! I added a sprinkle of coarse sugar on top for a bit of crunch. Made for PAC spring '08.
- 1 pastry for double-crust deep dish pie
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 29 ounces peach slices in syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons peach syrup
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Fit one shell into pan and flute edge.
- Roll other shell flat and cut into small strips to make a lattice top.
- Peach layer:.
- Drain peaches and reserve syrup.
- Combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
- Pour peach mix into pie shell and dot with butter.
- Cheesecake layer:.
- In small sauce pan over med heat, combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peach syrup.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thick.
- Blend together cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add hot mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake mix over peaches.
- Cover with strips of crust in lattice (over and under) pattern and brush with peach syrup.
- Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Cover edges with foil, then bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.