Recipe by Kitsmomma
My daughter Kit & I made this cake for her Girl Scout group. We found it on a web site for Egyptian foods. It's flavorful, not too heavy on the pumpkin taste and is great as a cake with icing drizzled on it or as a snack. All the Girl Scouts agreed they liked this cake to use for their World Thinking Day to represent Egypt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips (semi-sweet is ok,too)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten or 6 equivalent egg substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously spray the tube pan with a nonstick spray.
- set aside 1/2c flour in a small bowl.
- in a large bowl,combine the pumpkin,melted butter and eggs.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chip mixture. Stir until combined, then pour the batter into the tube pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a wooden toothepick comes out clean, when tested near the center of the cake.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Gently remove the cake from the pan and cool for 30 minutes. garnish with powdered sugar or drizzle with icing.