Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
photo by makaylasniegowski
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups coconut sugar crystals
- 3⁄4 cup vegan butter
- 12 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar crystals (optional)
- 2 tablespoons vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a small dish add the 12 1/2 Tablespoons of water and the 5 Tablespoons Flax seeds stir them together and let sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 9X5 inch loaf pans with crisco and flour them so helps the loaves from sticking. Tap out the excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together until mixed. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the 2 cups sugar and butter on medium speed for 1 or 2 minutes or until creamy. Add the flax egg little by little until it fully incorporated. Beat in water and pumpkin on low. It'll look very watery at this point but it's what you want!
- Add the flour mixture a cup at a time. When all the flour is in the bowl beat for 1 minute on low or until moistened. Stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chips. Then spread evenly into the loaf pans. You can the extra chocolate chips, sugar, and pecans if you want to, but its optional!
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted to the center comes out clean. Cook in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cook on the cooking racks. Cool completely about 1 1/2 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!