1/1 Photo of Egyptian Milk Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
1 hr 30 mins
My daughter Kit & I made this cake for her Girl Scout group. We found it on a web site for Egyptian foods. It's flavorful, not too heavy on the pumpkin taste and is great as a cake with icing drizzled on it or as a snack. All the Girl Scouts agreed they liked this cake to use for their World Thinking Day to represent Egypt
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 tablespoon apple pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips (semi-sweet is ok,too)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup melted butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten or 6 equivalent egg substitute
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Generously spray the tube pan with a nonstick spray.
- 3set aside 1/2c flour in a small bowl.
- 4in a large bowl,combine the pumpkin,melted butter and eggs.
- 5Add the pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chip mixture. Stir until combined, then pour the batter into the tube pan.
- 6Bake for 60 minutes or until a wooden toothepick comes out clean, when tested near the center of the cake.
- 7Cool pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Gently remove the cake from the pan and cool for 30 minutes. garnish with powdered sugar or drizzle with icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egyptian Milk Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.6
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.7 mg
- Sodium 453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 62.9 g
- Protein 7.9 g