German herbed eggs; easy cold egg dish.
Make and share this Eggs in Green Sauce (Eier in Gruner Sosse) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Add salt, pepper, and dill.
- Mince one of the eggs very fine.
- Mix into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Blend the chives and parsley into the mayonnaise; mix well.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half.
- Cover with herb mixture.
I loved this recipe and so did my sis. It has a very nice, fresh, herby taste and such a creamy texture. YUM! The herbs paired so nicely with the fresh eggs, this would be the perfect light easter dish.
I used yogurt instead of the sour cream and mayonnaise as thats what I had on hand and it worked out nicely. I cant have lemon, so I used a bit of vinegar to make this acidic. Ill certainly make this again.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper, Dienia!
Made and reviewed for WTTM February 2012.